FREE SHIPPING WHEN YOU SPEND $50 OR MORE; SPORTING CLUB AFFILIATES GET AN ADDITIONAL 20% OFF FOOTWEAR BY CLICKING HERE
Last modified: April 15, 2019I. Introduction
The soccer project and its affiliates of Sporting Kansas City (“Company” or ”We”), respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website thesoccerproject.com, and any subdomains thereof (the “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
- Included Collection. This policy applies to information we collect on this Website; in email, in any other electronic communications between you and the Website; or when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- Excluded Collection. This policy does not apply to information collected by us, offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates); or by any third party, including through any application, advertising, or other content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
II. Your Choice.
III. People Under the Age of 18.
Our Website and/or Platform are not intended for use by people under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information about himself or herself to or on the Website and/or Platform without the consent of an adult or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website and/or Platform or on or through any of its features, make any purchases through the Website and/or Platform, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a minor under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have collected any information from a minor under the age of 18, please write to us at 2020 Baltimore, 4th Fl, Kansas City, MO 64108, Attn: The Soccer Project, or send us an email at email@example.com
IV. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It.
- Types of Information. We collect various types of information from and about users of our Website and/or Platform: (i) Information that you provide us (by, for example, filling in forms on our Website and/or Platform, creating an account, or creating a login and password, etc.). We may ask you for information when you purchase a product, complete a survey, write a review, report a problem with our Website and/or Platform, or for other reasons; (ii) Device Identifiable Information (described below); (iii) records and correspondence. The following is information we may collect:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, including but not limited to your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”).
- Payment information through our vendors, although we do not see or access that information ourselves;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website and/or Platform. We may ask you for information when you purchase a product, complete a survey, write a review, report a problem with our Website and/or Platform, or for other reasons;
- Information that you provide when and if you register for a user account, create a profile, fill out a form, fill out a survey, write a review, or register to join our online community, if any exists.
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you;
- Information that describes your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and/or Platform, and details about your usage of our Website and/or Platform (“Device Identifiable Information”). We collect Device Identifiable Information from you in the normal course of operating our Website and/or Platform. When you visit our Website to browse, make a purchase, read or download information, we automatically collect information about your computer that your browser sends, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times, pages visited, and referring website addresses. We may use Device Identifiable Information we collect to analyze trends, help administer the Website and/or Platform, track the movement of visitors, to learn about and determine how much time visitors spend on each page of the Website, how visitors navigate throughout the Website and/or Platform and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Your participation in surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes. Participation in surveys is your choice, and is not required to utilize our Website and/or Platform;
- Details concerning transactions you may carry out through our Website and/or Platform and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- When you download and use any mobile applications developed by us, we will collect Personal Information and Device Identifiable Information, and all your account and activity information will be tied to that Device Identifiable Information. In addition, we may track and collect app usage data, such as the date and time the app on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the app. This information may be associated with your account.
- When using certain third-party social networking services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google +) (“Social Media”), you may have the option to connect your service information and activity with your Social Media information and activity. If you authorize such a connection, you permit us to share or publish information about your Service activity with that Social Media and its users, and to access certain of your Social Media information, as disclosed to you at the time you consent to the connection. Information we may share with Social Media may include but is not limited to technical information about your activity, your comments or the videos you watch on the Website. Information we may access about you, with your consent, from a Social Media may include, but is not limited to, your basic Social Media information, your location data, your list of contacts, friends or followers and certain information about your activities on the Social Media. If you permit a connection between a Social Media and us or one of our application(s), we (and that Social Media) may be able to identify you and to associate information received pursuant to the connection with information we already have about you. For more information, please review the privacy disclosures and terms of your Social Media account, which govern how that account information is collected and shared with us.
- Automatic Data Collection Techniques. We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
For more information, you may review the FTC’s guide to opting out of online tracking for computers and mobile devices. You can also see the “Choice” section below for ways to opt-out.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
VI. Social Media.
When using the Services or when using certain third-party social networking services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google +) (each a “Social Media”), you may have the option to connect your service information and activity with your Social Media information and activity. If you authorize such a connection, you permit us to share or publish information about your Service activity with that Social Media and its users, and to access certain of your Social Media information, as disclosed to you at the time you consent to the connection. Information we may share with a Social Media may include but is not limited to technical information about your activity, your comments or the videos you watch on our Website. Information we may access about you, with your consent, from a Social Media may include, but is not limited to, your basic Social Media information, your location data, your list of contacts, friends or followers and certain information about your activities on the Social Media. If you permit a connection between a Social Media and us or our application(s), we (and that Social Media) may be able to identify you and to associate information received pursuant to the connection with information we already have about you. For more information, please review the privacy disclosures and terms of your Social Media account, which govern how that account information is collected and shared with us.
VII. How We Use Your Information.
- Principal Uses. We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and/or Platform and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (including, but not limited to, billing, collection, or fulfillment through Challenger, Patchworks, Shopify, Authorize.net and their affiliates, or their subsidiaries).
- To notify you about changes to our Website and/or Platform or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To advertise events, products, or other items to you.
- To provide information and invitations to you about events, products, activities, to allow you the opportunity to learn about our products and/or services and participate in activities and events. Some of these activities and events may have additional rules, and you should read any such additional rules carefully.
- To assist you with or allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website and/or Platform.
- To personalize your experience.
- For data analysis, including identifying usage trends, audits, or to verify our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements. We may anonymize, de-identify and/or aggregate information and use such information to better understand and serve our users or for optimization of marketing and targeting efforts.
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyber-attacks or identify theft.
- Developing new events, products, features and services, as well as for improving or modifying our Website, applications or platform.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
VIII. Disclosure of Your Information.
- Non-Personal Information. We may disclose aggregated information or other information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- With your consent.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates, and any organization or entity with which we have partnered for this cause.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, including but not limited to Challenger, Patchworks, Shopify, Authorize.net and their affiliates or subsidiaries.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Sporting Kansas City’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Sporting Kansas City about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- Other Disclosures. We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, our affiliates, or others.
IX. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information; Opt-Out.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. If at any time you wish to no longer receive marketing-related emails, you may opt-out at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 2020 Baltimore, 4th Fl, Kansas City, MO 64108, Attn: The Soccer Project, and include the words “The Soccer Project-Opt Out”. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may use the opt-out feature at the bottom of each email.
Any such opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a purchase, event registration, or other transactions. Please also note that if you opt-out from receiving marketing-related emails, we reserve the right to continue to contact you with important administrative messages (such as updates about your account, our services, or changes to our policies).
If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, or delete personal information that has been previously provided to us by you, contact us at: email@example.com or write us at: 2020 Baltimore, 4th Fl, Kansas City, MO 64108, Attn: The Soccer Project, and include the words “The Soccer Project-Opt Out”. When you do so, please specify what personal information you would like us to delete about you from our records. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will respond to your requests consistent with applicable law, and we will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to your request. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, but such residual information will no longer be tied to your identity.
X. Accessing and Correcting Your Information.
You can review and change your personal information by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 2020 Baltimore, 4th Fl, Kansas City, MO 64108, Attn: The Soccer Project, to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement, or cause the information to be incorrect.
XI. Your California Privacy Rights
While we do not make any such disclosures, California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: 2020 Baltimore, 4th Fl, Kansas City, MO 64108, Attn: The Soccer Project.
XII. Data Security.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
XIII. Online Survey.
Completing an online survey is voluntary. All information you provide on the Website, the Platform or any applications during the process of completing an online survey are not confidential and may be visible to other users.
XV. Contact Information.